NEWS AND EVENTS
•There is still room to register for two Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI) special events starting soon in West Linn, Oregon! Online registration opens Monday, June 11.
Save the date for 2019!
• CGI K-2, June 18-21
• CGI 3-6, June 18-21
Register on/after Monday June 11
COGNITIVELY GUIDED INSTRUCTION
For over 10 years, TDG has worked closely with CGI researchers and has been a national dissemination center for CGI professional development. Attend a TDG CGI seminar to learn about CGI research and to consider ways to integrate CGI with your curriculum materials and other key research in mathematics education.
TEACHERS DEVELOPMENT GROUP'S LEADERSHIP SEMINAR ON MATHEMATICS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
February 27 - March 2, 2019.
•Thank you to all speakers and participants for an incredible 2018 seminar! Speaker and seminar documents are available.
A hallmark of this annual event is an amazing group of nationally-recognized speakers whose carefully-prepared and well-connected presentations about their latest work inspire participants to think deeply about mathematics professional development in their workplaces. A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING 2018 SPEAKERS:
- JULIA AGUIRRE University of Washington, Tacoma WA
- HAROLD ASTURIAS Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley CA
- VIRGINIA BASTABLE Mt. Holyoke College, Holyoke MA
- KRISTEN BIEDA Michigan State University, East Lansing MI
- JILL BOARD Teachers Development Group, West Linn OR
- HILDA BORKO Stanford University, Stanford CA
- MARY ALICE CARLSON Montana State University, Bozeman MT
- LINDA RUIZ DAVENPORT Boston Public Schools, Boston MA
- JILL DEPIPER Education Development Center, Waltham MA
- COREY DRAKE Michigan State University, East Lansing MI
- MARK DRISCOLL Education Development Center, Waltham MA
- MIKE FLYNN Mt. Holyoke College, Holyoke MA
- IMANI GOFFNEY University of Maryland, College Park MD
- RUTH HEATON Teachers Development Group, West Linn OR
- CONNIE HENRY Boston Public Schools, Boston MA
- THOMAS HODGES University of South Carolina, Columbia SC
- LINDA JASLOW NW Arkansas ESC, Springdale AR
- ELHAM KAZEMI University of Washington, Seattle WA
- GRACE KELEMANIK Boston MA
- JENNIFER KNUDSEN SRI International, Menlo Park CA
- MAGDALENE LAMPERT Sommerville MA
- LINDA LEVI Teachers Development Group, Madison WI
- JIM LEWIS University of Nebraska, Lincoln NE
- AMY LUCENTA, Boston MA
- CATHY MARTIN Denver Public Schools, Denver CO
- KATE MELHUISH Texas State University, San Marcos TX
- TERESA LARA-MELOY, SRI, Menlo Park, CA
- SUSAN JO RUSSELL TERC, Cambridge MA
- DEBORAH SCHIFTER Education Development Center, Boston MA
- MIKE SHAUGHNESSY Teachers Development Group, West Linn OR
- PEG SMITH University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA
- EVA THANHEISER Portland State University, Portland OR
- ANTHONY MURO VILLA III Stanford University, Stanford CA
- MOLLY WILLIAMS Murray State University, Murray KY
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
• The Mathematics Studio – Sustainable School-Based Professional Learning
Download our brochure, About the Mathematics Studio. Contact Linda Foreman, via e-mail or by phone, 503-650-1914, to learn more about the studio model and/or to explore possibilities for using a mathematics studio as context for transforming the culture of mathematics professional learning in your school/district.
• Other Open Enrollment Professional Development Opportunities
Check the Events page to learn about other mathematics professional learning special events open to the public. New events are posted regularly. Please call our office if you are looking for a specific topic that is not listed – often we can arrange for individuals to purchase a “seat” in a contracted course that is not listed on our Events page, or it may be possible to bring an open enrollment event to your locale.