NEWS AND EVENTS
• Teachers Development Group's Leadership Seminar on Mathematics Professional Development - REGISTRATION FILLED EARLY IN 2016! Save the date for the 2017! MARCH 1-4, 2017. Watch for 2017 registration information.
• Thank you to all speakers and participants for an incredible 2016 seminar! Speaker and seminar documents are available now on the 2016 TDG Leadership Seminar page.
A hallmark of this annual event is an amazing group of nationally-recognized speakers whose carefully-prepared and well-connected presentations about their latest work inspire participants to think deeply about mathematics professional development in their workplaces. A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING 2016 SPEAKERS:
- WENDY AARON Oregon State University, Corvallis OR
HAROLD ASTURIAS Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkely CA
- VIRGINIA BASTABLE Mt. Holyoke College, Holyoke MA
- MARY BEISIEGEL Oregon State University, Corvallis OR
- LINDA RUIZ DAVENPORT Boston Public Schools, Boston MA
- REBEKAH ELLIOTT Oregon State University, Corvallis OR
- SUSAN EMPSON University of Texas, Austin TX
- MIKE FLYNN Mt. Holyoke College, Holyoke MA
- LINDA COOPER FOREMAN Teachers Development Group, West Linn OR
- JULIE FREDERICKS Teachers Development Group, West Linn OR
- ANURUPA GANGULY New York City Department of Education, MA
- BETH HERBEL-EISENMANN Michigan State University, East Lansing MI
- VICKI JACOBS University of North Carolina, Greensboro NC
- AMANDA JANSEN University of Delaware, Newark DE
- LINDA JASLOW NW Arkansas Education Services Co-op, Springdale, AR
- REVA KASMAN Salem State University, Salem MA
- GRACE KELEMANIK Boston Teacher Residency Program, Boston MA
- LISA CLEMENT LAMB San Diego State University, San Diego CA
- LINDA LEVI Teachers Development Group, Madison WI
- AMY LUCENTA Boston Teacher Residency Program, Boston MA
- JUNE MARK Education Development Center, Boston MA
CATHY MARTIN Denver Public Schools, Denver CO
- KATE MELHUISH Teachers Development Group, West Linn OR
- JOHANNAH NIKULA Education Development Center, Boston MA
- SUSAN JO RUSSELL, TERC, Cambridge, MA
- DEBORAH SCHIFTER Education Development Center, Boston MA
- MIKE SHAUGHNESSY Teachers Development Group, West Linn OR
- MIRIAM GAMORAN SHERIN Northwestern University, Evanston IL
- PEG SMITH University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA
- GINI STIMPSON Teachers Development Group, Seattle WA
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
•Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI)
Teachers Development Group is a national center for the development and implementation of CGI professional development, which is designed to enhance teachers’ ability to teach math for understanding by increasing teachers’ understanding of children’s mathematical thinking. Linda Levi, co-author of the CGI books for teachers and member of the CGI research and development team, directs this work. CGI's content focus at grades K-2 is Operations & Algebraic Thinkingand Number & Operations in Base Ten as described in the K-3 Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM). CGI’s content focus at grades 3-6 is Operations & Algebraic Thinking, Number & Operations in Base Ten, Number & Operations – Fractions, the Number System, and Expressions and Equations as described in the grades 3-6 CCSSM. Through a focus on children’s thinking, teachers in CGI professional development improve their ability to engage students in the Standards for Mathematical Practice described in CCSSM. Both CGI K-2 and CGI 3-6 develop teachers’ ability to use any curriculum to teach math for understanding. For more information about CGI professional development, please email Linda Levi, email@example.com, or download a flier.
• The Mathematics Studio – Sustainable School-Based Professional Learning
Download our brochure, About the Mathematics Studio. Contact Linda Foreman, via e-mail or by phone, 503-650-1914, to learn more about the studio model and/or to explore possibilities for using a mathematics studio as context for transforming the culture of mathematics professional learning in your school/district.
• Other Open Enrollment Professional Development Opportunities
Check the Events page to learn about other mathematics professional learning special events open to the public. New events are posted regularly. Please call our office if you are looking for a specific topic that is not listed – often we can arrange for individuals to purchase a “seat” in a contracted course that is not listed on our Events page, or it may be possible to bring an open enrollment event to your locale.